Title: Can You See Me Thinking (About My Answers)? Using Eye-Tracking to Illuminate Developmental Differences in Monitoring and Control Skills and Their Relation to Performance (2014)
Authors: Thomas Roderer & Claudia M. Robers
Source: Metacognition Learning
Research Question: How do metacognitive control behavior and student ...
Zola Books is a social reading app for the iPhone that also doubles as a one stop-shop for all your reading needs, from book recommendations to e-publishing. The core of Zola Books is the app, which lets users read in a more social manner than, say, Amazon’s Kindle. However, the creators have added on a smorgasbord of features, including book review aggregation and daily deals.
Share My Lesson is a teacher-to-teacher lesson sharing platform. In Share My Lesson, a teacher community uploads, downloads, and reviews primary and secondary school lesson plans. In addition, the website provides its own native lessons to ensure full coverage of educational topics.
Although the meat of the website is in the actual lessons, the creators have provided ...
Title: Students' Engagement in Technology Rich Classrooms and Its Relationship to Professors' Conceptions of Effective Teaching
Authors: Engida Gebre, Alenoush Saroyan, & Robert Bracewell
May 24, 2014's top stories on learning, carefully selected by the NLT Team
1. Engagement and understanding are apparently the magic bullets needed to slay the learning dragon.
Full story from Brookings
2. Why college?
May 25, 2014's top stories on learning, carefully selected by the NLT Team
1. MIT’s best kept secret is an inventor’s sanctuary.
Full story from Bloomberg
2. Lives of high school dropouts.
May 26, 2014's top stories on learning, carefully selected by the NLT Team
1. Should meditation be a part of learner's education?
Full story from Huffington Post
2. The emergence of citizen science.
Full story from Wired
May 23, 2014's top stories on learning, carefully selected by the NLT Team
1. Should we worry about the emotional impact of testing?
Full story from Al Jazeera
2. Getting faculty on board with classroom upgrades.
May 22, 2014's top stories on learning, carefully selected by the NLT Team
1. Master's degrees are so hot right now.
Full story from Vox
2. Ten successful founders, zero diplomas.
May 21, 2014's top stories on learning, carefully selected by the NLT Team
1. Mentors help decrease dropout rates.
Full story from NBC News
2. Entrepreneurial lessons.