July/August Media Group Update
Because there is an ever-growing list of projects on everbody's plate, I thought I'd take a moment to assess the Media Group's workload going into the second half of the summer. Below are a list of the projects I can think of off the top of my head in no particular order...
Art (Elissa returns Aug. 1)
- make Dow archive: introduction, data entry, & clean basement files
- Ziegfeld conservation: frame 7-23 pieces
- hang Ziegfeld show in Offit Gallery w/website tie-ins
- review library exhibition plan for '05-'06
- hang non-gallery art: production and framing
- prepare for TCANA (photo) archive
- make Gates archive: create archival content and splashpage
- Dow, TCANA, & Heritage splashpages
- service cards: final design and outsource production
- room reservation system website design
- library website redux: design all new service center pages (including edlab and "group/team" pages) & revisit "traditional library services" website
- Rockefeller redesign?
- redesign of stack signs: graphic work and assist on installation
- publishing & archive website?
Production (Hugo returns Aug. 1)
- creation of edlab environment: lights, desks, walls, furniture, floorplan, equipment, t-shirts, etc.
- plan/create Design Center space on 2nd Floor: include in room reserv. system & create "digital dropbox"
- complete set-up of Digital Studio in 505
- library DVD: create 10-15min introduction to library services, past/present/future, & highlight opportunities to get involved
- create Heritage archival content
- plan for event documentation (A/V & post-production)