September 29, 2012's top stories on learning, carefully selected by the NLT Team
1. Will technology force us to rethink grouping students by age?
Full story from Gigaom
2. New data visualization from UNESCO maps educational disparities by country
Full story from The Guardian
3. Textbook publisher Elsevier partners with MOOC to offer free textbook.
Full story from Inside Higher Ed
4. Microsoft, with 3,400 open jobs, calls for better STEM education
Full story from The Hill
5. NPR's live radio broadcast and Twitter discussion on issues facing US schools
Full story from NPR
Image: Detail from data visualization of disparities in education attainment (via The Guardian)