September 22, 2012's top stories on learning, carefully selected by the NLT Team
1. Daphne Koller discusses the number one advantage online courses offer that traditional schools never will.
Full story from Forbes
2. South Dakota beats Harvard grads in the salary game.
Full story from Bloomberg Businessweek
3. Update on Africa’s learning crisis.
Full story from The Brookings Institution
4. Will proposed changes to COPPA affect innovation in ed tech?
Full story from Ars Technica
5. DOE awards $1.5 million to colleges for foreign language instruction, says US needs to compete in a multilingual world.
Full story from U.S. Department of Education
Image: Detail from website (via The Brookings Institution)