September 17, 2012's top stories on learning, brought to you by the NLT team
1. Learning apps to save the day when teachers strike
Full story from Fast Company
2. Jonathan Kozol tells the story of disadvantaged students, as they grow up
Full story from Slate
3. Code Academy goes offline with its "After School Programming Clubs"
Full story from Technapex
4. Could you use this Twitter tribute to Neil Armstrong in your STEM classroom?
Full story from Mashable
5. Sal Khan receives Harold W. McGraw, Jr. Prize in Education for being an education "game changer"
Full story from McGraw-Hill
Image: Detail from Dreambox Math (via Fast Company)